I get asked how I blog so often and so regularly. To be absolutely honest with you all, I don't really have a direct answer. I could talk on the subject for hours. I love blogging, I'm passionate really, and this helps me blog as often as I do.
Having a regular subject/topic each week helps to keep you blogging and gets you into a routine. Example, Monday I have my, around here, blog post that I share what the winnell's were up to the week before.
My planner is a HUGE blog bible for me. I set out a week in advance what I want to blog and on what day. I'll then schedule and draft the blog posts, ready to add text and photos.
Once you get a routine going it will become natural for you. Setting aside a time or day to blog will help also. I often blog first thing in the morning when I get into the office. This might be the blog post for that day or a scheduled post for the next day or day after that.
Here are 20 ideas on what you could blog about :
- Tutorial - This could be on anything, something simple you do in everyday life might help someone that had no idea and makes their life a little easier. Or it could be a craft tutorial, DIY tutorial, cooking tutorial, the list is truly endless once you start to think about it.
- Review - Write a review on a craft tool, book, place, food and so on. Again once you start to think about it there are many things you could review. Read a lot? Why not make it a regular thing on your blog?
- Personal Story - I have found that 90% of my personal stories tend to get the most attention. How personal is completely up to you.
- Guest - Why not have someone you admire guest on your blog? They could completely do the post themselves or you could do like what I am starting and do a Q&A. Be prepared for people to say no when you ask [I've had 3 knock backs and I am ok with that, they were lovely about it], but don't let it make you give up.
- Top 10 Lists - I love reading people's top 10 lists. You could do so much, top 10 blogs you love to read. Top 10 books you have read. Top 10 things you want to make, do, see and go.
- Re-visit an old blog post - The more you blog the more new readers you will get. You may have blogged an informative blog post when you started or a year ago, that will be useful to new readers, so why not re-visit it and clean it up a bit?
- 5 things you didn't know about me - Call me nosey, but I love blog posts like these. I feel I get to know the blogger more.
- Why you blog? Tell everyone why, so many people have different reasons and you may share some common ground with other bloggers.
- Work Table - Share your work desk every week or once in a while? A few people I follow do this and I always love to have a look at people's work areas.
- Project/s in progress - Not finished, but its' a project that is taking up most of your time? Why not share your progress with your readers? It will be that boost you need to get it done and not put it down and walk away.
- Interview yourself - I've seen this done and it's always an interesting read.
- Unfinished projects - Get out those unfinished projects, blog about them, why you didn't finish, how you plan to finish? Will you ever finish?
- 5 things you love about? Food, blogs, home, holidays, summer, winter, Sunday's, Mondays... The list is endless.
- Set yourself a challenge, blog the progress.
- 5 guilty pleasures - We all have them right? Why not share them, it will get your readers to interact with you, and you will find many share the same guilty pleasures.
- Books you want to read - I shared a book I wanted to read for Sunday's blog everyday in May challenge. It was the best thing I did as I finally got off my butt and read it within that week.
- Your goals for the week, month or year - I do this each month here, and then I share how many I achieved and how or why they didn't. I find this helps me to get more ticked off the list. By sharing them I feel that I want to get more ticked off to share my progress with all my readers.
- Your favourite blogs to visit.
- Share a recipe.
- Around your home, garden, craft area, family, week etc - I do this almost every Monday. It's almost for myself more than to share. I love reading back on them every so often as I forget and this makes me remember the things we did, went and seen.