1. Be yourself. People will love your blog for you, so just be yourself.
2. Don’t get competitive or worry about what others are doing creatively. I know, I'm guilty of this in the past and every now and then still. But I remind myself that we all have our own story and this is mine, not someone else's. It helps me stay focused on what I am working on.
3. Interact. Comment on other blogs and respond to comments left by others on your blog. We all love getting a comment on a blog post right? So don't forget to do the same.
4. Spend a time, maybe some money as well, on a well laid out blog. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but make it so the font is clear, not frilly fonts or colour. Black on white works best for your blogs main content. By all means have a frilly, coloured title. Try avoiding dark coloured backgrounds for the sidebars. I will visit a blog again and again that is well laid out and I can read.
5. Take good photos. By all means I do not mean try taking professional looking photos. I myself am no expert. When sharing a tutorial or my project life pages, I do try to make sure my photographs are good quality. It bothered me when I read the other week that someone wont continue with a blog is the actual photograph on a scrapbooking page is not of good quality, but the scrap page is clear and of good quality. That to me is not what it's all about. We are crafters, not all professional photographers, we try our best. [my photo above is a don't do in a tutorial, haha].
6. Take OFF word verification. These are not only annoying for people trying to leave you a comment but they personally put me off a blog if I have to go through the process each time. They are getting harder and harder to read and take up too much time. Put on comment modification.
I am by far no blog expert, there is no degree in blogging. I just wanted to share some tips I have learned along the way in my 6 years of blogging. Hope you find them useful.