Or you can call them bowls, I guess. I call them baskets as I associate bowls with food, haha. Food it's never far from my mind.
I seen some of these on pinterest a little while ago and then I seen one that I posted on my weekly pinterest post the other week here, and I knew right away, OH I was SO going to make this and nail it, try, try and nail it. Only I thought, you know I think I can use this thicker rope I have, not twine, but rope. Let me just say, that while it turned out and I love it. It was a BIG struggle because of the fact it was rope and it wanted to do what ever it wanted to do.
SUPPLIES NEEDED :
- glad wrap
- craft glue
- bowls x2
- paint brush
WHAT YOU DO :
- wrap bowl your using in glad wrap. Make sure it's covered really well. I found covering 2-3 times got it all.
- cover in craft glue. Now you can either do this section by section or all in one go. I found all in one go was easier for the twine basket and the decorative basket. But with the rope above and below, section by section was easier.
- start by making a circle with your choice of material then stick it in the middle on the top and keep going around and around. Working your way done the bowl.
- once your at the size your after, leave to dry for about 24 hours. I say that and I am sure I only lasted about 14 hours.
- then pull off and remove the glad wrap and any excess glue.
After making this one the night before, I found my twine/string and thought I can never have to many baskets right? So smaller bowl and away I went again and this one was so much easier. I almost wanted to pat my own back for doing the rope first as the string was a breeze.
This next one I think I pinned a long time ago, thinking one day, one day I will make this. The only thing I am not overly liking is all the glue you can see. I have since this photo tried to take more glue off, and still might need another going over. BUT in saying that I think the look of the basket in general is AMAZING and so different.
If you are thinking of making these, don't think, GO for it! They are so fun and you can paint them and give them as gifts, fill them up with a little something as well maybe? I know I now have 3 but I already want to make MORE!